Prince Harry spent 53 minutes with King Charles at Clarence House to signal a quiet step toward father-son reconciliation. Instead, it has spiraled into a fresh cycle of spin and rebuttals, with royal reporters like Tom Sykes now pointing directly at Prince William and Charles’s private secretary, Sir Clive Alderton, as the architects of sabotage.
Harry’s Visit Described as Formal by the Press
The Sun framed the meeting as “distinctly formal,” claiming Harry felt like an “official visitor.” The paper also reported that Harry gifted Charles a framed photo of Archie and Lilibet. Later, Harry’s spokesman pushed back, calling the claims false. While confirming that gifts were exchanged, the spokesman clarified the photo did not include Harry and Meghan.
This denial was followed by sharp suspicion among observers that the leaks came not from Clarence House but from William’s circle. Critics noted the pattern: stories painting Harry as distant while protecting Charles and William from criticism.
Related Stories
Sussexes Issue Quick On-Record Rebuttal
Harry’s team rarely comments on private meetings. Their decision to respond this time shows how damaging the leak was intended to be. A spokesperson stressed the quotes attributed to Harry were “pure invention” and accused anonymous sources of trying to block reconciliation.
The pushback also echoed Harry’s long-standing grievance from Spare: that leaks and “back-briefing” against him and Meghan drove their decision to step back in 2020.
Tom Sykes points to William and Alderton
The situation escalated when royal reporter Tom Sykes — once known for amplifying anti-Sussex coverage — admitted on his Substack that William and Alderton are leading efforts to block any reconciliation between Harry and King Charles.
“There are plenty of people within the royal household who want to undermine the reconciliation…For starters, there is William… then there is Charles’s private secretary, a well-known Harry foe. It’s there in Harry’s book. He describes him as The Wasp.” – Tom Sykes
Sykes also acknowledged that the use of anonymous briefings played a major role in Harry and Meghan’s mental health struggles, a striking shift from a journalist who once fueled the same harmful narratives. For Sykes to now echo Harry’s own words raises questions not only about Charles and William, but about the royal press pack that has long shaped their divisions.
Having previously all ganged up to denigrate Harry’s book ‘Spare’, Sykes now compares the courtiers to the Deep State & says they yield a lot of power & pursue their own agendas. Duh … that’s exactly what Harry told us in his book & you all said he was lying. pic.twitter.com/pWlEcqrYTo
— Zandi Sussex (@ZandiSussex) September 27, 2025
The Daily Mail’s latest coverage shows how palace insiders use spin to diminish Harry. One unnamed source mocked his meeting with King Charles as nothing more than “a brief tea and a slice of cake for the Treaty of Versailles,” a derisive quip that frames reconciliation as trivial. Strikingly, the Mail’s framing all but points toward Charles’s private secretary, Sir Clive Alderton — long identified as “The Wasp” in Spare — as one of the key leakers. Combined with William’s reported hostility, it reinforces claims that both men are actively working to block any path toward father-son reconciliation.

Who Is Clive Alderton?
Sir Clive Alderton serves as King Charles’s most senior aide and private secretary, a role that places him at the center of royal decision-making. Known as “The Wasp”, Alderton has long been viewed by the Sussexes as a key figure in the behind-the-scenes maneuvering that shaped their exit.
Earlier this year, Alderton’s influence came under scrutiny when Harry lost his appeal for security protection during visits to the U.K. As a member of RAVEC — the body that oversees royal security arrangements — Alderton sat on the very committee that denied Harry’s request. Despite Harry’s belief that his father could have intervened, Charles remained silent, leaving Alderton’s position to speak volumes about the palace’s stance.
Embed from Getty ImagesCritics argue Alderton embodies the machinery Harry describes as “the men in grey suits”: courtiers wielding quiet but decisive power. His reputation as a Harry foe has only deepened amid revelations that he may be working alongside William to frustrate any path toward reconciliation between father and son.
Kensington Palace Faces Scrutiny
Tom Sykes has been reporting for months that Charles and William do not get along, long before some mainstream outlets admitted it last week. Sykes’s coverage has often carried William’s frustrations with Harry, Meghan, and their children — reinforcing his reputation as a conduit for William’s circle. When news confirmed Harry’s meeting with Charles, Sykes predicted a furious backlash from William and the UK press.
This week, Rebecca English insisted Charles and William remain close, while Richard Eden floated speculation about a coordinated conspiracy against William. Yet the bigger picture is harder to ignore. Both William and Clive Alderton, Charles’s most senior aide, stand accused of driving the very leaks and back-briefings that keep reconciliation out of reach.
Taken together, these narratives raise a serious question: why are William and his allies so invested in toxicity? With reconciliation between Charles and Harry already fragile, the latest round of leaks shows a deeper truth: Harry’s biggest obstacle is not geography but family members and courtiers determined to keep him at odds with the King.
Discover more from Feminegra
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

ne
Grown men acting like teenagers! How pathetically sad!
The relationsship between Prince Harry and Charles is a father/son relationship so should the PS whose role should be focused on Charles\’ Royal role as the King instead of what is, and should be exclusively \”blood family\” and not muddied with the official King role? Furthermore, Charles is a grown man who I am sure is able to make up his own mind and decide whether or not he wants to reconcile with his son. Let\’s face it, Prince Harry is taking the high road by extending his \”forgiving\” arm to this person who has mistreated him since his mother Princess Diana passed, by using him as a \”scapegoat\” in his dogged pursuit to make his concubine palatable to the British public, and ultimately queen! It is my personal belief that Charles has punished Prince Harry rather severely for leaving the working royal role only because he is married to a biracial woman, our Meghan Sussex. He unceremoniously stripped him of his police protection at their most vulnerable from the white surpremacists accorgiong to the British security intelligence, and then evicted them from their UK home after they had forked out over £2m towards the completed rebulid! Then he\’s allowed his staff to leak lies, negative baseless manipulative tales incessantly against the Sussexes, even when they had left the UK and were ensconed in their new life 5k miles from them! This is what they continue to do, even more relentlessly now than ever before! If Charles genuinely wanted a relationship with Prince Harry, and given that the latter has waived his previous comments about apology before any reconciliation, probably because of the former\’s cancer illness, he\’d very easily call off the media attacks and intensive and relentless attacks and intrusive scrutiny the Sussezex are subjected to daily in the British media and tabloids and their TV shows! But Charles simply wouldn\’t do that. It\’s a reminder of how cruelly he\’s mistreated and dismissed Princess Diana\’s mental health challenges that had been linked directly to his indiscreet affair with his concubine at the time. Interestingly enough, he\’s taken a very different approach to scandal of Andrew and Sara\’s seemingly close relationship with Epstein. I am not concerned about Williaim\’s anger, resentment jealousy and his irrational and unhealthy obsession with all things Prince Harry, so I pray for the Sussexes protection, as he\’s behaviour as reported, if true, places them, in particular Prince Harry in danger. To that end, I hope Prince Harry does not ever reconcile with him – under any circustances. The farther away he stays from him, the better and safer it is for him and his Sussex family. I pray for Charles to grow a backbone and stand up to the saboteurs, so that he will do exactly what he knows is right, morally and ethically, before it\’s too late for him.Prince Harry has done all he can, bent over backwords to extend his forgiveness to Charles, even though the latter has sought to embarrass and shun him publicly. So should fate step in and this full reconciation doesnt happen for him, he should know he did what was humanly possible. As the saying goes \”you can take a horse to the river but you cannot force it to drink\”. Prince Harry will unfortunately need to accept that. Charles is the King, but more importantly, Prince Harry\’s father – surely blood should be thicker than royal role! The ball\’s now firmly in his court.